- This event has passed.
Cultural Humility Webinar
May 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Embark on this self-evaluation and self-critique journey with us. This training is an introduction to people who want to learn some tools on how to become more culturally humble by examining their own biases, beliefs, and cultural identities. We will explore how providers can begin to work towards consciously demonstrating cultural humility in their client interactions.
- Increase your understanding of cultural humility, bias, structural racism, and stigma;
- Learn some tools that can help you examine your own bias, critically self-reflect, and gain more self-knowledge;
- Learn the principles of demonstrating cultural humility in healthcare.
CEUs are available through this training! Please note that we do not award partial CEUs, participation for the entire training is required to receive CEUS
- American Psychological Association (APA) – The Division on Addiction is approved by the APA to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Division on Addiction maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This program offers 2.0 continuing education credits.
- The Division on Addiction has been approved by National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6121. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Division on Addiction is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Division on Addiction is a National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Approved Education Provider (provider number 396).
- The sponsor of this program has been approved to offer 2 hours of Continuing Education credit for Certified Addiction Specialists (CAS) in accordance with the American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders. Approval No. 12-1462.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) approval for this program is pending. Interested social workers are encouraged to attend this webinar when it is re-offered in Spring 2022.